The Great Escape
Students in grades 6-8
- Students will understand the need for having a home escape plan.
- Students will recognize and understand the importance of the components of a proper escape plan.
- Students will demonstrate problem-solving when various escape routes are blocked.
- Students will diagram a floor plan of their home and indicate two ways out of each room.
- Students will learn how to “shelter” in a room if escape is impossible.
- Students will plan and regularly practice, with their families, an escape from their home.
40-60 minutes. The lesson can be taught in the classroom, or can be self-taught by providing access to audio-visual equipment, and providing the student worksheet that contains detailed instructions for planning an escape from the home and a corresponding grid for drawing a house floor plan with escape routes indicated.
- Activity Sheet
- Teacher’s Guide
- Pre & Post Tests
- Evaluation Materials
Visit our TEACHER’S CORNER to download materials!