Fire Safety House
Students in grades K through 4.
The Fire Safety House is a two-story mobile classroom, child-scaled and designed, to resemble an actual home. It travels to schools and community events and provides children with a hands-on, realistic learning experience.
Goals / Objectives:
After completing the program, the children are knowledgeable on:
- Escape skills from a smoke filled, two-story house
- How to dial 9-1-1 to report a fire and correctly relay pertinent information
- Recognizing outfitted fire fighters as their friends and not to be afraid of them.
- Recognizing the sound of a smoke alarm
- Feeling a closed door for heat before opening it.
- Tips on avoiding cooking fires & scalding tap water burns
- Stove, microwave, fireplace, electrical, and heating safety measures
- How to plan and practice a fire escape route, with their parents, from their homes.
The Fire Safety House program is currently available in the following counties:
- Upper Bucks
- Warren, NJ
To request a Fire Safety House Reservation, click HERE!
For a Fire Safety House program that has already occurred, please submit your Program Report HERE!
Are you interested in volunteering with our Fire Safety House Program? LET US KNOW!